Thursday, June 23, 2011

Newspaper Problem Solving101

Newspaper Subscription Problem Solving 101 

Couponing has thrust me into a new category of problem solving.  Here are methods I use quite often.

·        Speak to a newspaper representative at community functions when possible.

Rouse’s Grand Opening in Youngsville last year had a local Baton Rouge newspapers sales rep. at the main entrance selling subscription.

Incentive, a $10.00 gift certificate to shop at Rouse’s for signing up.

I spoke to him about the Baton Rouge newspaper Sunday addition I buy at a competitor grocery store in Youngsville, LA.

I looked at him in the eyes and asserted,” I stopped buying the Sunday paper because the coupon inserts were never in the Sunday paper, why should I buy a paper without the coupon inserts!!”

Apologetically and jokingly he told me that it was a “guy thing” strictly, the carrier, a guy, wasn’t putting inserts in the paper.

I signed up for the subscription, I love reading this particular Sunday paper, and received my $10.00 gift certificate promptly buying $10.00 worth of free groceries.

A week later I received a letter explaining I lived out of the delivery zone and could not get the paper delivered to my home.

Moral of my story: I never turn down a gift certificate for something I would purchase anyway.                                                                                                                            

Since my conversation with the rep., the Sunday addition sold locally has all the inserts!



·        Speak to your carrier first.  Try to build a warm relationship with this person.  A friendly wave of hand or just a simple hey!!  I have discovered thru friendly conversations that a lot of problems with my paper delivery are with my local daily newspaper.  Example:  the press is always breaking down!!!!! Getting the morning addition to the carriers in the afternoon.



·        Speak to customer service.  Ask “Who’s in charge?” of circulation.

Your usually given a “Who’s in charge?”Name and voice mail to leave a message.   I find this works better than an e-mail.



·        Be assertive in a positive manner never rude.  Make sure you ask “Who’s in charge?” before asking your questions.

If you are not satisfied with the answer ask again and keep asking until you are satisfied with the answers you are getting.



Let me know if this was of any help.



KEEP US POSTED!













I






 













I
















No comments: